Give Yourself a Reason to Jump Up and Seize the Day
We all get tired of the same old boring, tasteless breakfast choices we have found ourselves making repeatedly. If you think you don't have time or the morning energy to make a protein breakfast that will kick start your day, well, that changes today. We all know the benefits of a protein-packed breakfast, but a quick review may help to clarify why having a diverse group of quick and easy recipes will keep you on track.
Eating various sources of protein will:
• Keep you feeling satiated longer.
• Ensure you consume needed nutrients and building blocks for growth such as B and E Vitamins, iron, zinc, and magnesium
We have curated five protein breakfast recipes from varied protein sources that will ensure you never get bored with breakfast again. Anyone can make these breakfasts in less time than it takes to stand in line and place an order.
1. 5-Minute Meatless Protein Breakfast Sandwich
We chose this for all those who are bored of the same high-protein breakfast every day. This tasty breakfast sandwich will rev up your morning commute for sure. The ingredients make your mouth water as you're making it. It only takes five minutes; did we mention that? With 24 grams of protein in this recipe, it's a definite keeper in your food journal.
• One whole-grain English Muffin
• ¼ cup of black beans
• A pinch of chili powder
• A pinch of garlic powder
• ¼ avocado sliced
• 1 large egg
• ½ teaspoon of hot sauce; if desired
• One slice of cheese of choice
• Salt and pepper; if desired
DIRECTIONS: Start the 5-minute countdown.
• Toast the English Muffin
• Whisk egg in a mug and microwave for 60-70 seconds. (Spray a healthy non-stick cooking spray inside the mug first)
• Rinse black beans in water and drain. Put in a bowl and add spices
• Mash the bean mixture and spread on the toasted muffin
• Slice the avocado or use a guacamole mix pre-made and add onto the muffin
• Slide the circular piled high fluffy egg to the beans on the toasted muffin
• Top the egg with a cheese slice
• Add that little splash of hot sauce
Ding the timer goes off, and your 5 Minute Protein Breakfast Sandwich is ready to enjoy.
2. Pumpkin Spice Super Smoothie Protein Breakfast
Who said pumpkin? This isn't your- sugar-laden artificial ingredient-filled unknown barista special. This is your- I'm the barista making a pumpkin protein breakfast smoothie. We include this one because it's pumpkin puree and incorporates a protein powder. Healthy pumpkin puree contains protein, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin C. Remember- Vitamin C is an antioxidant nutrient that researchers say is directly related to the body's ability to burn through fat. A pumpkin smoothie with 26g of protein coming right up.
• ½ frozen banana
• ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
• ¼ teaspoon pumpkin spice
• ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
• One teaspoon flax seed
• 1 cup milk of choice (unsweetened almond milk adds a bit of flavor)
• One scoop plain plant-based protein powder
• Add all the ingredients to the blender. Blend on high for at least 2 minutes or until smooth.
• To make this an even faster protein breakfast recipe, pre-mix all the dry ingredients into individual reusable bags. Grab one and add the fresh/wet ingredients to the blender. Who has the eyesight to measure small spoons in the morning?
3. Blueberry Pie Overnight Oats Protein Breakfast
Admit it; blueberry pie got your attention. And this recipe will keep you coming back for more. This recipe is for those who love a 'clean' eating protein breakfast and less morning preparation. What's not to love? Oh, and Greek yogurt packs more protein than any other yogurt. A go-to meal prep protein breakfast that will quickly cause you to buy more mason jars.
• ¼ cup of old-fashioned oats
• ½ cup of plain nonfat Greek yogurt of choice
• ¼ cup nonfat milk of choice
• 2 tsp of Stevia brand of choice
• ¼ cup of blueberries
• Combine all ingredients in a glass or plastic container with a secure lid. (Mason jars work great with this recipe.)
• Place container with all ingredients well mixed in the refrigerator for 8 hours—the night before meal prep at its most OK with this recipe.
In the morning, your protein breakfast oats are ready to enjoy anytime that you are. No heating is required. Add more fruit if you want.
After eating this, you'll feel like a dynamo, so why not go beyond your everyday workout and try an online workout with Openfit.
4. Coffee and Banana Breakfast Protein Smoothie Bowl
Wow, we can't think of anyone to turn down a breakfast that combines coffee with anything, except maybe tea drinkers. You can add tea to this recipe in place of the coffee and still enjoy this artful creation for breakfast. If looks are important to you, then this is the recipe for you.
• One large frozen banana
• 1/2 cup milk of choice
• One scoop of your favorite protein powder
• One packet (1 Tablespoon) of instant coffee or tea powder, if desired
• 1 cup spinach (for a superfood knock out laced protein breakfast)
• 3 cubes
• Toppings of choice:
• Almond or Peanut Butter
• Toasted nuts
• Sunflower seeds
• Chia seeds
• Low-fat Granola, gluten-free
• Sliced Bananas
• Fresh Strawberries
• Carob chips
• Unsweetened Coconut flakes
· Combine all but your topping ingredients in a blender. Blend until creamy. Depending on your likes, you can add more ice or milk choice to make it smoother.
· Pour into a bowl and create a stunning visual bowl with your toppings of choice.
While enjoying your masterpiece protein breakfast bowl, head over to Activefit+ for some perfect at-home fitness ideas to try after your bowl.
5. The Lazy Frittata Protein Breakfast Mug
This protein breakfast recipe is our- "I don't like to do anything in the morning" recipe. You decide how great you want it to be. Taking some time to have some of your favorite seasonal vegetables already chopped and waiting in the frig will make this a less than a 5-minute protein breakfast. There is nothing wrong with cooking eggs in a microwave. When it comes to quick protein breakfasts that taste amazing, consider it an essential skill. Fluffy eggs that will make Frenchmen jealous are the key to this recipe. Soft and silky eggs equal cottage cheese. Yes, cottage cheese. Don't worry; you can't taste them, but they pack the protein.
• Two large eggs
• Two tablespoons of cottage cheese of choice
• Two tablespoons chopped vegetables of choice
• Two teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
• Sea salt and pepper to taste
• Other flavorings work great too; Hot sauce, soy sauce, ketchup (Remember the contents like salt and sugar in these)
1. Spray the inside of the mug with non-stick cooking spray
2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs.
3. Add cottage cheese and whisk until smooth
4. Add the dry ingredients and vegetable(s) of choice to the egg and cheese
5. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Stir well. Microwave another 30 seconds; stir well again. Microwave, the final time for 45 seconds or until eggs, are just set.
Pop it out or enjoy it right in the mug.
To get more great health and fitness information and recipes, check out our latest posts. Or go to: https://www.activefitblog.com
Photo by Brooke Lark on Unsplash